Discover the best of Singapore, A country that recently emerged as the world’s most economically competitive country
Owing to its beautiful landscape, state-of-the-art architecture, rich and diverse culture, great food, elegant night-life and some of the best shopping centres, Singapore is a country that is in every holidaymaker’s travel archive.
Singapore is one of the well planned, cleanest, fast-growing and most entertaining and enthralling countries in the world. Singapore may be a small country but it never fails to take one by surprise about the enormous amount of places and things it has to offer to Explore, Discover & learn.
Here are some of the amazing things to check out while holidaying in Singapore
Wander in wonder along Marina Bay which is believed to be a major tourist attraction of Singapore. Embellished by tall and extravagant skyscrapers, unique and voguish architectural structures, the breathtaking gardens, and a lot other interesting and entertaining centres, Marina Bay is a true delight.
Things to do at Marina Bay
- Enjoy a walk along the Gardens by the Bay. This is home to the astonishing man-made supertree grove and is one of the most famous gardens in the world. As the sun sets and the night falls, these trees are illuminated with a spectrum of colours, making the sight of the whole park even more glorious.
- Visit the Art Science Museum that features vast and unique styles of art. This museum is established in a huge lotus-shaped building that stands proudly as an iconic spectacle of Marina Bay.
- Pose for some amazing pictures with the exemplary Merlion statue at the background. This statue is a mythical symbol of Singapore that has the head of a lion and body of a fish. Shooting water from its mouth, the Merlion statue measures 8.6 meters in height and weighs 70 tons.
- Get a perfectly stunning view of the whole of Marina Bay and beyond from Singapore Flyer. This Asia’s largest giant observation wheel has a total height of 165 meters. One can also enjoy a unique dining experience with the Singapore Flyer’s special in-flight packages.
- Indulge in a variety of live shows, musical performances and concerts at Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay which is the arts and culture centre in Marina Bay.
- Some of the other popular landmarks are the Marina Barrage, CE LA VI on the 57th floor of Marina Bay Sands, Marina Bay Golf Course and Spectra Light Show at Marina Bay Sands.
One of the very much loved and appreciated tourist attractions of the country is Singapore Zoo. This massive enclosure spreads over an area of 28 hectares and is home to more than 2400 animals of over 300 species. Set in a rainforest territory the zoo boasts some of the world’s most rare and interesting specimen and is a treat for the kids.
One can spot several endangered species of reptiles, about 39 species of primates, Californian sea lion, endangered species of tortoise, marsupials from Australia and Papua New Guinea, brown lemur, ring-tailed lemur and many such unfamiliar animals.
For some extra fun catch the Splash Safari Show, Rainforest Fights Back Show, Animal Friends show and the Elephant Presentation show and indulge in activities like wildlife tours, camps and more. Also, look for some of the amazing dining options at the zoo.
Singapore’s Night Safari is considered as the world’s first nocturnal wildlife park. The park is focused on captive breeding of threatened species. It is believed to have bred some of the species like the fishing cats, Malayan tigers, Asian elephants, Red Dholes, Anoas, Malayan Tapirs, Asian lions, and many other threatened species.
Go in for a 40-minute tram-ride, an unforgettable journey into the wilderness. The visitors can explore six Geographical regions, from the rugged Himalayan Foothills and swampy banks of Equatorial Africa to Southeast Asian forests. Home to over 900 animals of 100 species of which 41% are threatened species, Night Safari is a truly worthy experience.
|Jurong Bird Park|
Located on the Jurong Hill, Jurong Bird Park is the largest bird park in the world. Encounter some of the most beautiful and exquisite species of feathered creatures at this Bird park which is home to over 3500 birds.
Spread across 20.2 hectares, Jurong Bird Park offers a lot of splendid attractions and fun activities. The major attractions of this park are the large and immersive walk-in aviaries such as Lory Loft, Jungle Jewels, waterfall Aviary, Penguin Coast, Flamingo Lake and Pelican Cove.
Animal lovers are bound to find immense pleasure in feeding the birds. Also witness some of the finest shows like Lunch with Parrots, King of the Skies and Birds n’ Buddies Show.
Sentosa is a sunny island located in the central part of Singapore. The island features some of the pristine beaches, thrilling attractions and tropical landscapes. It is also home to unique and luxurious resorts and award-winning Spas. Whether you are with your family or friends, exploring Sentosa is nothing but endless fun and entertaining!
Things to do in Sentosa
- Step into the intriguing world of blockbuster movies and experience thrilling cutting-edge rides, shows and many attractions at the Universal Studios. This theme park is divided into 7 zones, each designed with the theme based on the icons of Hollywood. While you stroll around the park, you get to bump into your favourite Hollywood characters from Marilyn Monroe, Woody Woodpecker to Minions, The Autobots Optimus Prime & Bumble Bee of Transformers movie and many more.
- Get up close with the sharks and other marine creatures at the S.E.A Aquarium. With 100,000 aquatic animals belonging to roughly 1,000 species, a visit to this aquarium is very educating as well as entertaining.
- Activate your ‘adventure mode’ at Adventure Cove Waterpark. This park is pure fun and adventurous with its exciting high-speed water slides, tube rides and a lazy river. This park also offers snorkelling over colourful reefs surrounded by thousands of marine lives and an exceptional dining and shopping experience.
- Get some thrilling experience out of the Skyline Luge and Skyride along 4 exciting luge tracks. These tracks run by mystical forests, lush rainforests, mythical dragons & tunnels. They are specially designed with hairpin curves and hair-raising downhill slopes. One can also take these rides at night when the tunnels are lit up with vibrant and colourful lights.
- Chill and enjoy at pristine and beautiful Tanjong Beach and Siloso Beach. For extra adventurous experience, have a shot at the watersports that are available at these beaches.
Sentosa Golf Club, Sentosa Nature Discovery, Images of Singapore, Butterfly and Insect Kingdom are some of the other places at Sentosa that are worth a stop-over.
Set your foot into a memorable trip to the Asian Culture Park, Haw Par Villa. Discover Chinese Mythology, history, folktales and many fascinating stories as you walk through this park. Haw Par Villa was once known as Tiger Balm Garden. It is an open-air park with rolling hills and caves.
The Park is extremely popular for its realistic illustration of the Ten Courts of Hell of Chinese mythology. The park has over 1000 sculptures and diorama and it offers daily tours and events.
|Little India All Lit At Night|
Little IndiaLittle India is a vibrant and colourful enclave in Singapore that displays the culture and tradition of India. Walk along the narrow lanes and pass by the bustling community to explore a series of Hindu and Chinese temples, Mosques and Churches. You can also enjoy shopping here and treat your taste buds to an excellent range of mouthwatering delicacies.
Sri Srinivasa Perumal Temple, House of Tan Teng Niah, Tekka Centre, Sakya Muni Buddha Gaya Temple Mustafa Centre, Indian Heritage Centre and Little India Arcade are some of the popular centres in Little India.
A shopping paradise for all the shopaholics, Orchard road stretches for over 2 km. This ever high-spirited avenue has a whole lot of shopping centres and luxurious hotels. Shop your favourite brands and enjoy a lovely dining experience at this street.
Among the whopping number of shopping centres, The Centrepoint, Palais Renaissance, Knightsbridge Mall, Paragon Shopping Centre, Far East Plaza, ION Orchard Mall and Orchard Central are some of the malls worth checking out.
Chinatown is a fascinating part of Singapore which depicts a rich history, culture and tradition. Here, one can find well-decorated Chinese, Buddhist and Hindu temples, museums, plenty of market stalls, souvenir stores, and eateries serving local hawker cuisine.
While exploring the Chinatown, do not miss the Tang Dynasty-styled Buddha Tooth Relic Temple & Museum, Sri Mariamman Temple, Chinatown Heritage Centre and Chinese Opera Tea House.
With tons of such interesting places and landmarks built on space-age technologies and architecture, Singapore stands proud with its fast-growing economy and tourism industry, impressive cultural diversity, ethnicity and much more.
Getting to Singapore
Changi Airport is one of the best airports in the world and is the major aviation hub for many destinations. It is well connected to India through regular flights from various cities.
Getting Around in Singapore
Singapore has one of the best public transportation systems. The best way to get around Singapore is via its Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) subway system. MRT also operates bus routes to easily access any place on the island. One could even take a taxi. Car rentals could turn out expensive and less convenient because of costly parking fares and painful traffic.
Let go of all the worries about planning, travelling, staying and booking other things, our exclusive Singapore Holiday Packages are designed for a memorable, seamless and a perfect holiday. At SpicaTrips we also customize the packages as per your budget and other requirements.